Gold Bond® SoundBreak XP™ Ceiling™ Board
Gold Bond® Brand SoundBreak XP™ Ceiling™ Board consists of two pieces of high-density, mold-, mildew- and moisture-resistant gypsum board, with a specially designed PURPLE® paper, laminated together with a sound-damping, viscoelastic polymer. This acoustically enhanced, fire-resistant gypsum core is encased in heavy paper that is 100-percent recycled on both sides and offers superior abrasion, mold, mildew and moisture resistance.
Apply to floor-ceiling assemblies where airborne sound transmission and structurally transmitted sound are a concern, and high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values are desired. Use 3/4" (19.1 mm) SoundBreak XP Ceiling Board to provide a 1-hour fire-rating in specific UL floor-ceiling designs. For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
- Provides high Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Impact Insulation Class (IIC) values per an independent third-party acoustical laboratory using ASTM E90 test procedures.
- In specific floor-ceiling assemblies, provides both STC and IIC ratings above 60.
- Superior sound damping solution that finishes easily and decorates in the same manner as standard gypsum board.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Installs like traditional gypsum board.
- Achieves GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold Certification.