Gold Bond® SoundBreak XP Retrofit® Board
Gold Bond® BRAND SoundBreak XP Retrofit® Board consists of a high-density mold-, mildew- and moisture-resistant gypsum board with specially designed PURPLE® paper on the front and a sound damping, viscoelastic polymer adhered to the back paper. This acoustically enhanced, fire-resistnace gypsum board is encased in heavy paper that is 100-percent recycled on both sides and offers superior abrasion, mold-, mildew- and moisture-resistance.
Use SoundBreak XP Retrofit on one side of a gypsum board wall to improve the acoustical performance by creating a constrained damping layer when installed over the existing surface.
For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
- Use SoundBreak XP Retrofit to improve the acoustical performance of an existing wall assembly, and to achieve a higher Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating for existing interior gypsum board walls where sound transmission has become a concern.
- Install 5/16 in. (7.9 mm) thick SoundBreak XP Retrofit over existing interior gypsum board walls in residential, multifamily and commercial applications for additional sound damping between rooms or dwelling units.
- When installing over an existing interior wall assembly, SoundBreak XP Retrofit enhances Sound Transmission Class (STC) values per an independent third-party acoustical laboratory using ASTM E90 test procedures.
- Achieves increased STC values in a thinner wall assembly, increasing usable floor space.
- Superior sound damping, cost-efficient material that finishes easily and decorates in the same manner as standard gypsum board.
- For speed of installation and lower installation costs, vertical board joints do not require acoustical sealant.
- Heavy abrasion-resistant paper and dense core provide greater resistance to surface abuse when tested in accordance with ASTM C1629.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Fire-resistant material with a gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Easily scored and snapped to exact size without sawing.
- Dimensionally stable product with negligible expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric conditions.
- Features GridMarX® guide marks on the board to allow for faster and more accurate installation.
- Achieves GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold Certification. GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. For more information, visit: ul.com/gg.
- Qualifies as a low-VOC emitting material by meeting California Specification 01350. For more information, visit: http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/greenbuilding/specs/section01350/.