Gold Bond® eXP® Interior Extreme® AR Gypsum Panel
Gold Bond® BRAND eXP® Interior Extreme® AR Gypsum Panel is an abuse, moisture and mold resistant gypsum panel designed for interior applications requiring increased resistance to incidental moisture and surface abrasion.
eXP Interior Extreme AR is manufactured with an enhanced abuse, moisture and mold resistant gypsum core and facer. The facer is composed of a coated fiberglass mat which provides superior abrasion and moisture resistant capabilities. The specially formulated core provides greater abuse resistance to surface abrasion and indentation. It is produced in a 5/8" thickness with a Fire-Shield® Type X core. eXP Interior Extreme AR is easily identified by the back facer in National Gypsum's original PURPLE® color and the printing on the tapers.
eXP Interior Extreme AR is designed for interior use in wall assemblies in areas where surface durability, indentation and moisture/mold/mildew resistance are major concerns.
Designed for use on the interior side of exterior walls, where moisture exposure is more likely.
Can be used for pre-rock applications before the building envelope is completely enclosed which may shorten construction cycles.
On projects where the owner or specifier has designated fiberglass faced gypsum board exclusively for the interior, the ideal solution is eXP Interior Extreme Panels.
- Provides greater resistance to surface abuse and indentation over standard gypsum board.
- Will withstand up to 12 months of interior exposure to the elements, subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of National Gypsum’s Limited Warranties. (Click here for warranty.)
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- GREENGUARD listed as microbial-resistant when tested per ASTM D 6329.
- Coated fiberglass mat on face and back for easy handling.
- eXP Interior Extreme AR is an approved component in specific UL fire rated designs.
- Less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C 473.
- GREENGUARD® Certified as a low-emitting material. Meets CHPS and CA Section 01350.
Click here for HPDs