Gold Bond® Hi-Impact® XP® Gypsum Board
Gold Bond® BRAND Hi-Impact® XP® Gypsum Board with Sporgard™* consists of a tapered edge, mold and moisture resistant, fire-resistant, Type X gypsum core encased in a heavy, abrasion and mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, National Gypsum's original PURPLE® paper on the face side and a heavy, abrasion and mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, gray paper on the back side. A fiberglass mesh is embedded into the core, close to the back of the board to provide additional impact/penetration resistance.
Hi-Impact XP Gypsum Board features a specially formulated core to provide fire resistance ratings when used in tested systems in addition to providing extra protection against mold and mildew compared to standard gypsum board products.
Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm® BRAND Ready Mix or ProForm® BRAND Quick Set Setting Compounds.
For optimum mold and mildew performance, ProForm® BRAND XP Ready Mix is recommended for use.
Check the Fire and Safety Information of our website under Resources for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
This unique gypsum board is designed for interior use in wall assemblies in areas where surface durability, impact/penetration, moisture, mold and mildew resistance are major concerns.
5/8" Fire-Shield Hi-Impact XP panels may be used where Type X gypsum panels are specified in some fire-rated wall assemblies (e.g., UL U300, U400 and V400 series).
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G 21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C 473.
- Hi-Impact XP Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance when used in tested systems.
- Hi-Impact XP Gypsum Board is easily cut for quick installation, permitting painting or other decoration and the installation of most metal or wood trim almost immediately.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes are negligible.
- Does not require the added strength of a setting type compound for joint reinforcement.
- Allows for same joint treatment reinforcement procedures as standard drywall, thereby reducing costs and the risk of improper installation.
- Transitions into drywall without the use of control joints.
- Hi-Impact XP Gypsum Board can be used as a tile backer board in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure such as toilet/sink areas and areas above tile in tubs and showers.
- Saves time by eliminating the need for special cutting tools and rasping of cut edges.
Click here for HPDs