Gold Bond® Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board
Gold Bond® BRAND Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board panels consist of a fire-resistant gypsum core encased in heavy natural-finish, 100% recycled paper on the face and back sides. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
Long edges of the panels are tapered or square. Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm® BRAND Ready Mix, Easy Finish® Ready Mix or ProForm® BRAND Quick Set Setting Joint Compounds.
Gold Bond BRAND Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in laboratory tested systems.
Check the Fire and Safety Information of our website under Resources for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
- 5/8" Fire-Shield - For single- or multi-layer drywall construction. The greater thickness provides increased resistance to fire and reduced sound transmission.
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.
- Gypsum Board is easily-cut for quick installation, permitting painting or other decoration and the installation of metal or wood trim almost immediately.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes is negligible.
Click here for HPDs
Click here for EPDs