Gold Bond® XP® Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board
Gold Bond® BRAND XP® Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board with Sporgard™* was developed as an improved moisture resistant board, offering the same advantages of a traditional moisture resistant board with added mold resistance in the core and paper. XP Fire-Shield Gypsum Board panels consist of a specially treated, fire-resistant, Type X gypsum core encased in a heavy mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, National Gypsum PURPLE® paper on the face side and a heavy, mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, gray paper on the back side.
XP Fire-Shield Gypsum Board was designed to provide extra protection against mold and mildew compared to standard gypsum board products. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. Long edges of the panels are tapered.
Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm BRAND Ready Mix or ProForm® BRAND Quick Set Setting Compounds. For optimum mold and mildew performance, ProForm® BRAND XP® Ready Mix is recommended for use.
XP Fire-Shield Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in tested systems.
Gold Bond XP Fire-Shield C Gypsum Board Panels have a specially formulated Type X core to achieve superior performance when used in specific fire-rated assemblies where the weight and number of gypsum board layers are a concern.
Check the Fire and Safety Information of our website under Resources for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
- 1/2" Fire-Shield C - For single- or multi-layer construction in fire-tested assemblies.
- 5/8" Fire-Shield - For single- or multi-layer drywall construction. The greater thickness provides increased resistance to fire and reduced sound transmission.
- 5/8" Fire-Shield C - For single- or multi-layer drywall construction. The specially formulated Type X core achieves superior performance when used in specific assemblies.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G 21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Can be used on ceilings.
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.
- XP Fire-Shield Gypsum Board is moisture resistant and can be used as a tile backer board in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure such as toilet/sink areas and wall and ceiling areas above tile in tubs and showers.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- UL Classified for fire resistance, surface burning characteristics and noncombustibility.
- Scores and snaps easily, no special handling requirements.
- Less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C 473.
Click here for HPDs
Click here for Declare Labels