Gold Bond® 3/4" Ultra-Shield FS® XP® Gypsum Board
Gold Bond® BRAND 3/4" Ultra-Shield FS® XP® Gypsum Board with Sporgard™* was developed as an improved moisture resistant board, offering the same advantages of a traditional moisture resistant board with added mold resistance in the core and paper. 3/4" Ultra-Shield FS XP Gypsum Board panels consist of a specially treated, fire-resistant, Type X gypsum core encased in a heavy mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, PURPLE® paper on the face side and a heavy, mold/mildew/moisture resistant,100% recycled gray paper on the back side.
3/4" Ultra-Shield FS XP Gypsum Board was designed to provide extra protection against mold and mildew compared to standard wallboard products. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth.
Long edges of the panels are tapered. Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® brand Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm brand Ready Mix or ProForm brand Quick Set Setting Compounds. For optimum mold and mildew performance, ProForm brand XP® Ready Mix is recommended for use.
3/4" Ultra-Shield FS XP Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in tested systems.
3/4" Ultra-Shield FS XP — For single layer - steel stud and cavity shaftwall systems. The greater thickness provides increased resistance to fire and reduced sound transmission vs. single layer of 5/8" Type X.
- Reduced labor and material costs by using fewer layers (up to 10%).
- Thicker core equals added abuse resistance.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G 21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.
- 3/4" Ultra-Shield FS XP Gypsum Board is moisture resistant and can be used as a tile backerboard in dry areas or areas with limited water exposure such as toilet/sink areas and wall areas above tile in tubs and showers.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- UL Classified for fire resistance, surface burning characteristics and noncombustibility.
- Scores and snaps easily, no special handling requirements.
- Less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C 473.
- Expansion and contraction under normal atmospheric changes is negligible.