Gold Bond® 3/4" Ultra-Shield FS® Gypsum Board
Gold Bond® BRAND 3/4" Ultra-Shield FS® Gypsum Board panels consist of a fire-resistant gypsum core encased in heavy natural-finish, 100% recycled paper on the face and back sides. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. For speed of installation, GridMarx® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
Long edges of the panels are tapered. Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm® BRAND Ready Mix or ProForm® BRAND Quick Set Setting Joint Compounds.
3/4" Ultra-Shield FS Gypsum Board features a Type X core to provide additional fire resistance ratings when used in laboratory tested systems.
3/4" Ultra-Shield FS - For single layer - steel stud and cavity shaftwall systems. The greater thickness provides increased resistance to fire and reduced sound transmission vs. single layer of 5/8" Type X.
- Reduced labor and material costs by using fewer layers (up to 10%).
- Thicker core equals added abuse resistance.
- Cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.
- Gypsum Board is easily cut for quick installation of metal or wood trim almost immediately.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- UL Classified for fire resistance, surface burning characteristics and noncombustibility.
- Scores and snaps easily, no special handling requirements.
- Expansion and contracting under normal atmosopheric changes is negligible.