Gold Bond® 5/16" XP® Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board
Gold Bond® BRAND 5/16" XP Fire-Shield® Gypsum Board with Sporgard™* consists of a high density, fire-resistant, gypsum core encased in a heavy abrasion and mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, National Gypsum's original PURPLE® paper. Used in the construction of double-layered, fire rated wall assemblies. Specifically engineered for radius applications requiring a fire rating.
Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm BRAND Ready Mix or ProForm BRAND Quick Set Setting Compounds. For optimum mold and mildew performance, ProForm BRAND XP® Ready Mix is recommended for use.
For use on double-layered, fire-rated wall assemblies. Engineered for radius applications (minimum 2') requiring a fire rating.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G 21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Scores and snaps easily, no special handling requirements.
- Heavy abrasion resistant paper and denser core provide greater resistance to surface abuse when tested in accordance with ASTM C 1629.
- Lightweight, cost-efficient material that readily accepts a wide range of decorative finishes.