Gold Bond® High Strength Fire-Shield® LITE® 30
Gold Bond® BRAND High Strength Fire-Shield® LITE® 30 Gypsum Board consists of a fire-resistant Non-Type X gypsum core specially formulated to be 30% lighter than standard Type X gypsum board.
High Strength Fire-Shield LITE 30 is approved for single- or multi-layer drywall construction for 30 minute fire-rated or non-rated assemblies and is encased in heavy natural-finish, 100% recycled paper on the face and back sides. The face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core, and the ends are square-cut and finished smooth. For speed of installation, GridMarX® guide marks are printed on the paper surface.
Long edges of the panels are tapered. Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm® BRAND Ready Mix, Easy Finish® Ready Mix or ProForm® BRAND Quick Set Setting Joint Compounds.
NOTE: This is a NON-Type X product and is not a substitute for Type X Gypsum Board. The High Strength Fire-Shield LITE 30 product is for single- or multi-layer drywall construction for 30 minute fire-rated and non-rated assemblies. The face of the board and the product end tapes are clearly labeled so the installer can identify this product for the appropriate application.
Check the Fire and Safety Information of our website under Resources for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
High Strength Fire-Shield LITE 30 can be used for single or multi-layer drywall construction for 30 minute fire-rated or non-rated assemblies.
- 30% lighter than standard 5/8" Type X gypsum board.
- Lighter weight results in easier handling.
- Features a fire-resistant Non-Type X core and is UL classified and approved for inclusion on specific UL fire-rated designs.
- Excellent working properties, including score and snap, reduced dust and improved strength-to-weight ratio.
- Features GridMarX guide marks.
- Meets CHPS and CA Section 01350.