PermaBase® for use in Exterior Applications
PermaBase® Brand Cement Board is often used as a substrate for exterior wall systems including Cement Board Stucco (CBS)and Cement Board Masonry Veneer (CBMV). The following features and benefits make it ideally suited for the purpose:
- Reinforced edge with EdgeTech® technology allows for closer fastener application of nails or screws at the edge without crumbling or spinout.
- Resists the growth of mold and mildew achieving a panel score of 10, the highest possible, per ASTM D 3273.
- Highly moisture resistant, impact resistant and extremely durable.
- Speed up your schedule - faster, easier and cleaner than traditional metal lath/scratch coat method.
- Approved for use in ASTM C 1780, and cement board is cited as an approved substrate for this system by the Masonry Veneer Manufacturers Association (MVMA): Installation Guide and Detailing Options for Compliance with ASTM C 1780 m IBC/IRC Compliant.
- PermaBase is approved as a substrate for direct applied finishes, tile, stone and thin brick in exterior applications, as outlined in ICC-ES Evaluation Report ESR-1510.
- PermaBase is suitable for use in combustible and noncombustible construction under the IBC and IRC, as outlined in ICC-ES Evaluation Report ESR-1510.
| || |
|PermaBase Commercial Cement Board |
|PermaBase in a thin stone veneer wall system |
| || |
|PermaBase Commercial Masonry Veneer Installation |
|PermaBase Commercial Thin Brick Installation |
| || |
|PermaBase Cement Board In A |
Stucco Wall System Installation