Gold Bond® Hi-Abuse® XP® Gypsum Board
Gold Bond® BRAND Hi-Abuse® XP® Gypsum Board with Sporgard™* consists of a tapered edge, mold and moisture resistant, fire-resistant Type X gypsum core encased in a heavy, abrasion and mold/mildew/moisture resistant, 100% recycled, National Gypsum's original PURPLE® paper on the face side and a heavy, abrasion and mold/mildew/ moisture resistant, 100% recycled gray paper on the back side.
Hi-Abuse XP Gypsum Board is designed to provide extra protection against mold and mildew compared to standard wallboard products. The panels feature a specially formulated core to provide greater resistance to surface indentation and abuse.
Tapered edges allow joints to be reinforced with ProForm® BRAND Joint Tape and concealed with ProForm BRAND Ready Mix or ProForm® BRAND Quick Set Setting Compounds.
For optimum mold performance, ProForm® BRAND XP Ready Mix is recommended for use.
Check the Fire and Safety Information of our website under Resources for a more complete explanation of how fire resistance ratings work.
This unique gypsum board is designed for interior use in wall assemblies in areas where surface durability, indentation, moisture and mold/mildew resistance are major concerns.
5/8" Fire-Shield Hi-Abuse XP Gypsum Board may be used where Type X gypsum panels are specified in some fire-rated wall and floor-ceiling assemblies (e.g., UL U300, U400, V400 and L500 series).
- Provides greater resistance to surface abuse and indentation over standard wallboard.
- Hi-Abuse XP Gypsum Board features a smooth, heavy, robust face paper that is highly resistant to scuffing and provides a superior surface for decoration.
- Hi-Abuse XP Gypsum Board is easily scored and snapped for quick installation. Openings and outlet boxes are cut out in same manner as standard gypsum board.
- The gypsum core will not support combustion or transmit temperatures greatly in excess of 212°F (100°C) until completely calcined, a slow process.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM G 21 with a score of 0, the best possible score.
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D 3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Less than 5% water absorption per ASTM C 473.
- Does not require the added strength of a setting type compound for joint reinforcement.
- Allows for same joint treatment reinforcement procedures as standard drywall, thereby reducing cost and the risk of improper installation.
- Hi-Abuse XP Gypsum Board can be used as a tile backer board in dry areas only.