Gold Bond® eXP® Shaftliner
Gold Bond® BRAND eXP® Shaftliner is a moisture and mold resistant shaftliner panel with a fire-resistant Type X core. eXP Shaftliner is manufactured with an enhanced moisture and mold resistant core and facers. The facers, with PURPLE® color, are composed of a coated fiberglass mat which provides superior weather resistant capabilities. eXP Shaftliner is specially coated on the front, back and edges for easy handling. Long edges of panels are beveled for ease of installation.
eXP Shaftliner panels are designed to be used to construct lightweight fire barriers for cavity shaftwalls (1-4 hr), stairwells and area separation fire walls in multifamily housing. The panels are key components in the I-Stud, C-T Stud and C-H Stud Cavity Shaftwall Systems and the H-Stud Area Separation Fire Wall Systems.
- Will withstand up to 12 months of exposure to typical weather conditions, subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of National Gypsum's Limited Warranties. (Click here for warranty)
- Treated fiberglass facer and gypsum core provide extra protection against mold growth per ASTM D 3273, achieving a score of 10, the best possible score.
- eXP Shaftliner can be substituted for National Gypsum's Gold Bond BRAND Shaftliners in Cavity Shaftwall, Area Separation Fire Wall Systems and solid laminated partitions.
- Superior water resistance which does not impede vapor transmission.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity and resists warping, rippling, buckling and sagging.
- UL Classified and approved for inclusion in specific UL fire-rated designs.
- Specially coated on face, back and edges for easy handling.
- Easily scored and snapped to exact size without sawing.